Thank you for visiting NY Hair Company’s official website! We are a Las Vegas Hair Salon and have been established since 2004. NY Hair Company has been rated one of the BEST hair salons in Las Vegas! We are located only 5 minutes from the fabulous Las Vegas strip, servicing not only Las Vegas locals, but clients traveling from all over the world! We have the Best value and service anywhere near the strip without the expensive Las Vegas Strip prices. We specialize in all aspects of hair to include; hair cuts, hair coloring, highlights, lowlights, platinum blonding, color correction, hair extensions, hair styling, ombre and balayage color techniques, formal hair styling, bridal hair and make-up, waxing and more! Please call us to book your next hair service appointment!
4825 W Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, Nv, 89156
For all our gentlemen who rock a beard and all our ladies who love a man with a beard, this is for you! How to keep a beard healthy and growing! Beards are hair and need to be maintained just like the hair on your scalp. If you want a glorious, long, Viking/Biker beard you have to take care of it so it won’t get dry, brittle, and shed an outrageous amount.
Trimming a beard:
Just like your hair, your beard can get split ends, dry, brittle, oily, etc so it is important to treat it the same as the hair on your head. Regular beard trims will reduce the split ends, keeping your beard healthy and making it easier (and without the breakage, appear to grow faster!) to grow a nice, full beard.
Keeping a beard clean:
Just like your hair, you need to shampoo and condition your beard. So much bacteria gathers in your beard, and if you don’t wash it regularly it will just multiply (yuck!). Shampooing with cleanse your beard of any buildup on the hair strands, and regular conditioning will help your beard with the softness (with beard hair being so brittle, you won’t see a huge difference right away like you see on he hair from your scalp) and keep it moisturized to reduce the brittle feeling and weak links that cause breakage. After shampooing, use a wide tooth comb to pick through the conditioner to make sure it is saturated on every strand to see optimal results.
Beard treatments, anyone?
Just like your hair, you can treat your beard as well!! My personal favorite beard treatment is the Olaplex Standalone Treatment! Olaplex is used to multiply the bonds in your hair shaft (this is the ONLY product that can do this. Any other claims by different products are lies) without coating it in oils, waxes, or/and paraffin (those make it appear soft and silky till a few washes, then it returns to the same texture as before). Not only will this make your beard stronger, but over time it will make it easy to manage! (Normally $45 for a treatment on your head, but for beards it’s $25)
Another treatment I love for beards is a deep conditioning detox service. This service consists of a clarifying shampoo (especially good for the outdoors men who get a lot of dirt, grease, sweat, etc buildup) followed up with a deep penetrating conditioning treatment. This will help supply moisture and proteins your hair needs to maintain it’s health. (Normally $20 for a treatment but only $10 for beards)
My favorite conditioner for beards: Biolage has two conditioners I love for coarse and/or curly hair. One is Biolage Hydrating Balm (we carry three sizes ranging from $20-$55) and the other is the Biolage Exquisite Oil conditioner ($22).
Remember to take care of your beard because it’s just like the hair on your head!!! You shouldn’t wash your hair with bar soap, so why would you wash your beard with it???
“IT’S A NEW SALON SERVICE
Go Blonder. Push the envelope further without compromising the integrity of hair. From the photo shoot to the salon chair, colorists are set free from the fear of damaged hair.
You can use Olaplex as a tool or a new service. The choice is yours. As a tool, use the Olaplex Bond Multiplier No.1 adding it to lightener or color and finish by applying Bond Perfector No.2 after color is rinsed from the hair to dramatically reduce breakage with every color service.
WHAT IS THIS STUFF…OLAPLEX?
The ORIGINAL chemistry that multiplies bonds and cross-links broken bonds. There can only be one!
We started by finding two of the world’s leading PHD’s in Materials and Chemistry that had never worked on hair products before, Dr. Eric Pressly and Dr. Craig Hawker. With this fresh outlook, this dream team invented a single ingredient chemistry, that is free of silicone or oils, that links broken bonds in the hair during and after chemical services making them stronger than they were before. It may all sound like the same old mumbo jumbo, but check out what top colorists are saying about Olaplex all over social media. As they say, the proof is in the pudding.”
I’m sure most of you have seen the “yard sale” sites on Facebook with people asking for cheap people to do their hair (color, cuts, waxing, nails, etc). Many times there will be comments from stylists saying cheap isn’t a good thing, so I wanted to elaborate on that a little more.
– Why salons charge so much: Licensed stylists pay over $20,000 in most states to get their Cosmetology Licenses, plus supply costs, additional training class costs, etc. If they only charge $10 for a hair cut and $30 for color, it will take a VERY long time to just pay off everything they have spent to get their licensing and additional education that can take years. One stylist I’ve talked to put it very plainly, “I don’t go to your work telling your boss to pay you less, so why are you telling me to charge you less? I have bills to pay just like everyone else.”
2. While in school, licensed cosmetologists not only learn how to enhance their client’s outer appearance, but we learn proper sanitation to prevent the spread of disease and infection. If you have never seen how bad MRSA can get (it can kill you too!!), feel free to google MRSA Infections. It’s not pretty. And that’s not the only thing that can get spread with tools not properly sanitized. Aids/HIV is another big problem with not properly sanitized tools. The last thing anyone would ever want to happen is to save $10 on a cut and end up with a disease for life.
3. We guarantee our work!! Working at NY Hair Company has taught me that my clients matter more than rushing people in and out to make a little extra cash from squeezing in one more color service into my day. Nothing is better than seeing my clients walk out the door with a smile on their face (I love the hugs and happy tears too!!) and always wanting to come back. Loyal clients stay loyal because we work our butts off to make sure we can get your hair, make-up, skin, etc closest to your desired look without jeopardizing the integrity of your hair.
4. We use the best professional products (in our opinion. Everyone likes different lines, but we love our Matrix!!) because it’s better for your hair! The reason we don’t use box color (even with a professional name on it like Sebastian) is because most of them are either extremely damaging (too high of a developer, which is VERY unnecessary, or metallic colors, which can make it almost impossible to change your hair color without frying it off or turning into a muddy green tone). Haven’t you noticed most boxed colors have an oil to add into it when mixing? It’s a buffer to try and reduce damage from using the cheap products on them.
5. Youtube may have some AMAZING tutorials, but if you know nothing about hair besides what you learned on Youtube, chances are getting the outcome you wanted without ruining your hair is nearly impossible. Youtube home hair coloring fails and you’ll see some crazy things. There is no guarantee you or someone else can recreate the look you’re going for. A color starts at $65 at the shop I’m in. A color correction on the other hand starts at $85 an hour. You may only be in the chair for two hours, you may be in it for 10! In the long run, a cheap hair color could end up costing you anywhere from 2-10 times more than you paid for it in the first place.
You wear your hair every day, and you should love it!!