The cold weather can create as havoc on your hair, keep your locks silky and lustrous with the following tips:
- Invest in a good quality shampoo and conditioner to get healthy shine. However, avoid using too much of shampoo as it is a fact that due to winter winds, your hair and scalp care left dry. Wash your hair not more than twice a week and use lukewarm water to avoid frizziness and to maximize moisture. A hair conditioner is a must, girls!! Apply a suitable conditioner each time you wash your hair, focusing only on the strands of hair, that means avoid the scalp!! This provides a shine to your hair and prevents it from breakage.
- Add a hair treatment mask once a week to your hair care routine to keep your locks healthy! I know that it’s time consuming, but believe me it’s well worth it and you’ll have beautiful healthy hair to show for your trouble.
- Avoid using a hairdryer, REALLY!! It is always good to let your hair dry naturally. If you are using a hairdryer, don’t over dry your hair as it will leave it frizzy and damaged. Set your hairdryer on “cool” as it is gentler, although it might be a little more time consuming. Invest the extra time girls!! It will be well worth it.
- Try not to leave your house with wet hair. The cold weather can freeze the hair at the cuticle and cause it to break. Besides, you’ll freeze, lol
- If you use heat styling tools, use good quality ones; make the investment . Also, a must, heat defense spray or leave-in conditioner to protect your hair and keep it looking glossy and hydrated. This is especially important during the winter months!
- Use natural oil. In extreme weather, be it winter or summer, it is essential to put moisture back in your hair to prevent it from breaking. Some natural oils that work really well are: coconut oil, avocado oil and almond oil. Please if you never have tried them do so now!!
- Trim your hair! This avoids split ends. Try to do this every 6-8 weeks. Your hair will also grow faster if you do so.
- Stay warm. Keep your head covered to protect your hair from the cold. This will keep the moisture in your hair and keep it from breaking. Want to avoid frizzy, static-prone hair? Keep your hair tied up as much as possible. Do this when you’re out and about, and also when exercising.
I know this sounds like a lot of work, but you want to keep your locks beautiful right?! Have an awesome winter and remember keep your head warm!! THAT’S ALL SHE WROTE GIRLS, UNTIL NEXT WEEK!
Thank you for visiting NY Hair Company’s official website! We are a Las Vegas Hair Salon and have been established since 2004. NY Hair Company has been rated one of the BEST hair salons in Las Vegas! We are located only 5 minutes from the fabulous Las Vegas strip, servicing not only Las Vegas locals, but clients traveling from all over the world! We have the best value and service anywhere near the strip without the expensive Las Vegas Strip prices. We specialize in all aspects of hair including haircuts, haircoloring, platinum blonde and color corrections. Haircoloring services including ombre and balayage color techniques. Texture hair services including silk press, two-strand or flat twists as well as Spiral/Flexi rod services for our clients with kinky textures. Formal hair styling, bridal hair and make-up, waxing and more!
Please call us to book your next hair service appointment!
4825 W Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, Nv, 89156
Ever wonder what causes a woman’s hair to change when pregnant? What to Expect has the breakdown!!
“Between constipation,heartburn and your swollen, achy feet, you might feel like your pregnancy hormones are teaming up to make you miserable during pregnancy. Happily, there are a few good side effects when you’re expecting: Have you checked out your nails lately? By week 20 of pregnancy, they’re likely growing quicker than usual — and faster than you can manicure them, though you might notice they feel slightly more soft, dry or brittle. What about your hair? Does it feel thicker and look more shiny and healthy than usual? It’s probably growing faster, too — probably before you can even book an appointment with your stylist (kind of makes you want to audition for a hair commercial, doesn’t it!). It may also change in texture (straight hair might become curly, and vice-versa).
The downside of this hormonally-triggered hairy situation is that you may suddenly sprout strands in places you’d rather not, including your face (whose five o’clock shadow is that?), back (hello, Bigfoot), nipples and stomach (bet you never plucked your belly before!). Don’t worry; most of the excess hair should fall out within six months of giving birth.
WHAT CAUSES IT
You can credit (or blame) those pregnancy hormones — particularly estrogen — again for the changes in your nail and hair growth during pregnancy, making your hair both grow faster and be less likely to fall out. The increased blood circulation and your pumped-up metabolism that are bringing more nutrients to your hair and nails also deserve some thanks.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Keep in mind that like all of the pregnancy symptoms you’re experiencing, the changes to your hair and nails are temporary. So your nails will likely return to their normal growth rate and texture within three to six months after delivery. And though you may love your lavish locks now, don’t get too attached: Your good-hair-day run ends with delivery, when the normal daily hair lossthat’s suppressed during pregnancy resumes with a vengeance. Once your baby is born, all that hair that didn’t fall out during pregnancy will — making you wonder whether you’ll need to reach for the Rogaine (don’t worry, you won’t).”
Having healthy hair starts with you. If you don’t have the right vitamin and nutrient intake from your foods, you may experience hair loss or thinner, weaker hair. After doing some research we found some of the best foods for your hair (Thank you, Luxy Hair for the info!!)
A perfect side for any dinner is a salad. Just adding the darker, richer veggies (i.e. Spinach, Arugula, and Kale) you can boost your iron, vitamin c, carotene, and folate intake! This will help your hair stay naturally moisturized, keeping it from becoming brittle.
Another great lunch or dinner addition is sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are perfect for someone with a sweet tooth! They contain beta carotene that our bodies convert into vitamin A, helping with hair growth itself.
Replacing your peanut butter with hazelnut butter has great added benefits! Hazelnut butter contains biotin (also known as B7) that promotes not only hair growth, but breaks down fats and amino acids! That’s a hair AND body benefit!
Need a power snack? Adding sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds to your trail mix will increase your iron intake (lack of iron causes hair loss!!), zinc, vitamin A, vitamin K, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin E (enhances blood flow/circulation which means a healthy scalp!). These delicious seeds can also be added to your power food salad at dinner time!
Last, but not least, is my personal favorite… Avocados!! (Guacamole, anyone??) This power food is jam packed with vitamins A, D, E, omega-9 fatty acids, and it full of the healthy fats (yes, fats CAN be healthy) that control blood sugar. Another double bonus for the hair and body! Avocados can be mixed, mashed, eaten raw, and any other way you can think of! Avocado oil extracts can also be added directly to the scalp and hair for added hair growth benefits!
Improve your hair (and body!) health with the help of these delicious snacks today!
Knowing what your hair needs is a huge deal when it comes to home care. As stylists, we can only guarantee our services when our clients are using the proper products at home, especially after coloring and chemical services. Every pass of a heated iron or blow dryer, every color and lightener, even the sunshine on a beautiful day will compromise your hair! When it comes to taking care of your hair do you know when you need just a moisturizer or just a protein? Most people don’t! If you’re using a moisturizer when you need a protein treatment you wont see the changes in your hair that you need! Same as having too many protein treatments in your hair when you really need a moisturizer. Too much protein is just as bad as not enough! So, how do you know what you need? Here is a basic break down of which is which:
● Softens the hair
● Provides nutrients to the hair, even on a much deeper level
● Waters the hair, much like a plant, keeping it hydrated
● Makes hair much easier to manipulate, shape, and form
● Allows for new/virgin hair to be nourished to health
● Strengthens the hair
● Brings protein and amino acids to the hair, after it has been stripped of it
● Rebuilds the hair follicle, as the natural hair follicle is naturally 70% keratin protein
● Decreases hair breakage and shedding
● Repairs damaged hair
If you still have doubts… TRUST YOUR STYLIST!! We all went through years of training and education to get to where we are. We will tell you and show you exactly what you need for your hair! NY Hair Company has moisture AND protein treatments available and we can customize each treatment to suit your hair! If you love your hair color but hate how it fades, or love your cut until it becomes frizzy after one shampoo it’s time to take control of your hair again. Don’t let it have a mind of its own, and treat your hair to what it really needs.
“IT’S A NEW SALON SERVICE
Go Blonder. Push the envelope further without compromising the integrity of hair. From the photo shoot to the salon chair, colorists are set free from the fear of damaged hair.
You can use Olaplex as a tool or a new service. The choice is yours. As a tool, use the Olaplex Bond Multiplier No.1 adding it to lightener or color and finish by applying Bond Perfector No.2 after color is rinsed from the hair to dramatically reduce breakage with every color service.
WHAT IS THIS STUFF…OLAPLEX?
The ORIGINAL chemistry that multiplies bonds and cross-links broken bonds. There can only be one!
We started by finding two of the world’s leading PHD’s in Materials and Chemistry that had never worked on hair products before, Dr. Eric Pressly and Dr. Craig Hawker. With this fresh outlook, this dream team invented a single ingredient chemistry, that is free of silicone or oils, that links broken bonds in the hair during and after chemical services making them stronger than they were before. It may all sound like the same old mumbo jumbo, but check out what top colorists are saying about Olaplex all over social media. As they say, the proof is in the pudding.”
It’s that time of year to go lighter!!
Just a friendly reminder, yes, we are #olaplex stylists, but that doesn’t mean we are magicians and can take you from black box colored hair to platinum in one try. Yes, it IS possible, but we care about the integrity of your hair, so it is always best to split any drastic lightening service into at least two appointments. This way, you can keep all your hair without having gummy or fried broken ends. As a perfect example, here is the evolution of a well known face in the celebrity world. Her stylist took it slow and she has beautiful healthy hair now. It’s always best to do it right the first time around, instead of pushing your hair past it’s breaking point. We want you to have your dream hair, and we will work with you until you get it!