Thank you for visiting NY Hair Company’s official website! We are a Las Vegas Hair Salon and have been established since 2004. NY Hair Company has been rated one of the BEST hair salons in Las Vegas! We are located only 5 minutes from the fabulous Las Vegas strip, servicing not only Las Vegas locals, but clients traveling from all over the world! We have the best value and service anywhere near the strip without the expensive Las Vegas Strip prices. We specialize in all aspects of hair including haircuts, haircoloring, platinum blonde and color corrections. Haircoloring services including ombre and balayage color techniques. Texture hair services including silk press, two-strand or flat twists as well as Spiral/Flexi rod services for our clients with kinky textures. Formal hair styling, bridal hair and make-up, waxing and more!
Please call us to book your next hair service appointment!
4825 W Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, Nv, 89156
Ever wonder what causes a woman’s hair to change when pregnant? What to Expect has the breakdown!!
“Between constipation,heartburn and your swollen, achy feet, you might feel like your pregnancy hormones are teaming up to make you miserable during pregnancy. Happily, there are a few good side effects when you’re expecting: Have you checked out your nails lately? By week 20 of pregnancy, they’re likely growing quicker than usual — and faster than you can manicure them, though you might notice they feel slightly more soft, dry or brittle. What about your hair? Does it feel thicker and look more shiny and healthy than usual? It’s probably growing faster, too — probably before you can even book an appointment with your stylist (kind of makes you want to audition for a hair commercial, doesn’t it!). It may also change in texture (straight hair might become curly, and vice-versa).
The downside of this hormonally-triggered hairy situation is that you may suddenly sprout strands in places you’d rather not, including your face (whose five o’clock shadow is that?), back (hello, Bigfoot), nipples and stomach (bet you never plucked your belly before!). Don’t worry; most of the excess hair should fall out within six months of giving birth.
WHAT CAUSES IT
You can credit (or blame) those pregnancy hormones — particularly estrogen — again for the changes in your nail and hair growth during pregnancy, making your hair both grow faster and be less likely to fall out. The increased blood circulation and your pumped-up metabolism that are bringing more nutrients to your hair and nails also deserve some thanks.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Keep in mind that like all of the pregnancy symptoms you’re experiencing, the changes to your hair and nails are temporary. So your nails will likely return to their normal growth rate and texture within three to six months after delivery. And though you may love your lavish locks now, don’t get too attached: Your good-hair-day run ends with delivery, when the normal daily hair lossthat’s suppressed during pregnancy resumes with a vengeance. Once your baby is born, all that hair that didn’t fall out during pregnancy will — making you wonder whether you’ll need to reach for the Rogaine (don’t worry, you won’t).”
Extension Hair Care Instructions
1. Keep the hair clean. We suggest that you wash the hair at least once or twice a week with warm or cold water. Please wash the hair immediately after swimming, spa, exercise, and etc. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair tangles. Too much leave-in conditioners and other hair care products will create a build up on the hair and will cause it to tangle faster. If the hair feels dry or heavy with build up, wash it with good shampoo & conditioner.
2. Before washing the hair, spray mixture of conditioner and water and brush the hair from bottom up. You must gradually wet the hair down and brush it gently before you completely wash the hair. If the hair is very dry and a lot of water is added at once, hair will swell up like sponge and tangle! Therefore, it is important to gradually wet the hair and brush it.
3. After wetting the hair, add shampoo and conditioner and brush thoroughly. Be sure to wash and brush the hair in one direction. Rinse the hair completely with water and towel dry. It is best to blow-dry with low to medium heat.
4. Make sure you brush the hair daily and apply some leave-in conditioners so that the hair is soft and moist. A good leave-in hair treatment can keep the hair from drying. But remember not to put too much otherwise there will be a build up and make the hair feel too heavy. If the hair feels too dry or heavy with too much hair care products, you should wash the hair completely by following steps 2 and 3.
5. When swimming, always wear a cap to prevent prolong exposure to chlorine or salt water which causes the hair to tangle. Always wash the hair right away with shampoo and conditioner after swimming in both types of water. When going to the spa, the hair should be brushed out completely and should be wrapped in a cold wet towel.
6. Make couple of big braids when going to sleep, swim, or exercise (please untangle the hair before making the braids). NEVER SLEEP ON WET HAIR. Make sure the hair is completely dry before going to bed.
7. You can also make a leave-in conditioner at home by diluting conditioner (10%) with water (90%). Apply the mixture lightly onto your hair and brush the hair from the end to the top near the scalp. Although it is important to apply leave-in conditioners to keep the hair from dryness, it is important to keep the hair clean by washing the hair about twice a week so that it will not create a build up.
8. It would be advisable NOT TO TINT, COLOR, PERM OR DO ANY EXTRA CHEMICAL PROCESSES because it has already been treated. Please be extra careful with blonde and other light colored hair. They are more chemically processed than the dark hair. Therefore, we will not be responsible for the outcome.
9. Please check the hair before you use the hair. Be certain that the hair texture, color, length, and quality are what you want. We will not be responsible for the hair if it is not in original condition. For the WET & WAVE hair such as the French Refined and the European Wave, you may test the curl by wetting a small portion away from the rest. Place the hair on a desk, pull a small portion away from the rest, spray some water, and let it soak for about 15 seconds. Hold the top of the hair while it is on the desk and gently brush the wet portion from the bottom and watch it wave. Towel dry and scrunch it to wave up more.
10.Some hair comes out from the wefts easier than others (e.g. silky hair). Although our wefts are double wefted and sewn over many times to minimize the shedding, it is machine done. If you need to cut the width of the weft to the size you need, make sure to mend the ends where it’s been cut. If it is not mended, hair can shed excessively.
Wedding planning can be stressful. Venue, dresses, guests, tuxes, hair, make-up, and more! Why not get half of your wedding day prep done at one place? At NY Hair Company we offer a variety of services for the bride and her bridal party AND the groom and his groom’s-men.
Planning a traditional wedding in Vegas? We have a bridal package including an up-do, make-up (including eyelashes), veil placement, and a polish change for a completed look. (Starting from $150) There is also a groom’s package including a men’s cut and style, a neck shave treatment, a beard trim, and a basic manicure. (Starting from $55)
Going more non-traditional and looking for a wedding escape for just the bride and groom? The bride can have an up-do and styling while her groom can get his hair cut and styled for their big day! (Starting at $80).
NY Hair also offers a variety of pre-wedding packages found here.
So plan your special day with the girls at NY Hair Company!
Biotin (also known as Biotine, Vitamin H, and is part of the B Vitamins) has multiple health benefits as well as “beauty benefits”. Biotin can break down certain substances in the body like carbs and fat, as it is a component of important enzymes your body (should) naturally collect through a healthy diet. Biotin deficiencies are not very common and are nearly impossible to diagnose, but there are multiple symptoms that can reveal themselves to let you know if your food diet is lacking this vitamin. Some symptoms include dry eyes, cracking on the sides of the mouth, hair loss, scaly skin, weak/brittle nails, exhaustion, hallucinations, and depression. Most people who have this deficiency are (but not limited to) Pregnant women, chronic smokers, alcoholics, those with Crohn’s disease and/or liver disease, prone to rapid weight loss, diabetics, and those with diets mainly consisting of processed foods.
Luckily, Biotin comes is capsule form! Taking the right dosage of biotin can be very beneficial. Biotin can strengthen your hair and nails by strengthening the cuticle. It can improve your skin of a variety of “problems” (acne, rashes, psoriasis, dermatitis, etc). Biotin supports your metabolism by breaking down foods and is found in many healthy foods (cooked eggs, egg yolks, soy, walnuts, whole grains, beans, etc). Need lower cholesterol? Biotin can help with that! It also helps regulate your blood sugar by lowering glucose levels when paired with chromium.
If you’re not getting enough biotin from your foods, biotin taken in capsule form can be purchased over the counter at any drug store and we carry it here at NY Hair Company!
Knowing what your hair needs is a huge deal when it comes to home care. As stylists, we can only guarantee our services when our clients are using the proper products at home, especially after coloring and chemical services. Every pass of a heated iron or blow dryer, every color and lightener, even the sunshine on a beautiful day will compromise your hair! When it comes to taking care of your hair do you know when you need just a moisturizer or just a protein? Most people don’t! If you’re using a moisturizer when you need a protein treatment you wont see the changes in your hair that you need! Same as having too many protein treatments in your hair when you really need a moisturizer. Too much protein is just as bad as not enough! So, how do you know what you need? Here is a basic break down of which is which:
● Softens the hair
● Provides nutrients to the hair, even on a much deeper level
● Waters the hair, much like a plant, keeping it hydrated
● Makes hair much easier to manipulate, shape, and form
● Allows for new/virgin hair to be nourished to health
● Strengthens the hair
● Brings protein and amino acids to the hair, after it has been stripped of it
● Rebuilds the hair follicle, as the natural hair follicle is naturally 70% keratin protein
● Decreases hair breakage and shedding
● Repairs damaged hair
If you still have doubts… TRUST YOUR STYLIST!! We all went through years of training and education to get to where we are. We will tell you and show you exactly what you need for your hair! NY Hair Company has moisture AND protein treatments available and we can customize each treatment to suit your hair! If you love your hair color but hate how it fades, or love your cut until it becomes frizzy after one shampoo it’s time to take control of your hair again. Don’t let it have a mind of its own, and treat your hair to what it really needs.
You know that feeling…. leaving the salon with perfectly styled hair. You can’t stop running your fingers through it, can’t stop looking at yourself when you pass by a mirror. It’s a great feeling to have perfect hair! Then tragedy strikes! You wash your hair at home and can’t get it styled the same. “It’s the stylist! I just can’t style my own hair like she can!” is what most people think. You look at your can of hair spray and question why you can’t get that perfect style at home. Is it the hair cut? Is it the texture of your hair? Is it just too hard to do it yourself? Good news!! No it’s not! It’s what you use at home!
As stylists, we use a variety of products in your hair. Each product is picked specifically for your hair type and for how we are styling your hair. On average, we use at least five different professional products in your hair each time you come in for a cut, color, or just a wash and style. These are the basic five items:
- Leave in Conditioner
- Blow Dry Spray
- Thermal Protector
Using professional products is a must when it comes to your hair. Have you ever felt your hair after using drug store shampoos and conditioners (even the “professional” brands from WalMart are usually watered down of the original products or expired after sitting for too long in a hot warehouse!!!) and it felt either extremely waxy or like straw? That’s from silicone. It says it’s silicone free?? Usually that’s a lie! If one of these are the top 5 ingredients in your shampoo or conditioner, it means there is a good amount of silicone in your hair. They hide it with new names!!
- Amino bispropyl dimethicone
- Behenoxy dimethicone
- Phenyl Dimethicone
- Phenyl Trimethicone
- Phenylpropyl Dimethicone
Too much silicone weighs down the hair, and for certain hair types this makes it harder to style!!
Now onto leave in conditioners. This product protects your hair through out the day. Most have U.V. protectants in it (yes, your scalp and hair can get “sunburned”!!). Not only will this product keep your hair moisturized and soft, but it protects your hair! Tangle easily? Use some leave in conditioner and you’ll be brushing right through your hair!
Blow Dry sprays are a must when using a blow dryer just like Thermal Protectants are a must when using a heated styling tool. Think about this: You’re baking cookies or cooking a roast in the oven at 400+ degrees. The timer goes off and it’s time to take it out. What do you do? You put on an oven mitt so you dont burn your hand! Now, if you wouldn’t put something 400+ degrees on your skin, why would you be okay with doing that to your hair? Not only does it dry out the hair, but it also can severely damage it! Too much heat with no protectants can weaken (sometimes completely break) the hair strand, causing split ends that can work their way up your hair! Why would you pass up paying around $20 for a thermal protector or blow dry spray when any split end repairing treatment it $200+?? That’s at least $180 in savings! Not only do these protect your hair, but they aid in the styling process! Healthier hair holds styles longer! These will give your hair the smooth and polished look when finished.
There are so many different brands, different strengths, and different ingredients in products. Trust your hair care professional! Us girls at NY Hair will ONLY recommend what you truly NEED! We are not salesmen, we are educators! You wear your hair every day, why not invest money into the maintenance so you have beautiful hair every day?