Thank you for visiting NY Hair Company’s official website! We are a Las Vegas Hair Salon and have been established since 2004. NY Hair Company has been rated one of the BEST hair salons in Las Vegas! We are located only 5 minutes from the fabulous Las Vegas strip, servicing not only Las Vegas locals, but clients traveling from all over the world! We have the best value and service anywhere near the strip without the expensive Las Vegas Strip prices. We specialize in all aspects of hair including haircuts, haircoloring, platinum blonde and color corrections. Haircoloring services including ombre and balayage color techniques. Texture hair services including silk press, two-strand or flat twists as well as Spiral/Flexi rod services for our clients with kinky textures. Formal hair styling, bridal hair and make-up, waxing and more!
Please call us to book your next hair service appointment!
4825 W Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, Nv, 89156
Extension Hair Care Instructions
1. Keep the hair clean. We suggest that you wash the hair at least once or twice a week with warm or cold water. Please wash the hair immediately after swimming, spa, exercise, and etc. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair tangles. Too much leave-in conditioners and other hair care products will create a build up on the hair and will cause it to tangle faster. If the hair feels dry or heavy with build up, wash it with good shampoo & conditioner.
2. Before washing the hair, spray mixture of conditioner and water and brush the hair from bottom up. You must gradually wet the hair down and brush it gently before you completely wash the hair. If the hair is very dry and a lot of water is added at once, hair will swell up like sponge and tangle! Therefore, it is important to gradually wet the hair and brush it.
3. After wetting the hair, add shampoo and conditioner and brush thoroughly. Be sure to wash and brush the hair in one direction. Rinse the hair completely with water and towel dry. It is best to blow-dry with low to medium heat.
4. Make sure you brush the hair daily and apply some leave-in conditioners so that the hair is soft and moist. A good leave-in hair treatment can keep the hair from drying. But remember not to put too much otherwise there will be a build up and make the hair feel too heavy. If the hair feels too dry or heavy with too much hair care products, you should wash the hair completely by following steps 2 and 3.
5. When swimming, always wear a cap to prevent prolong exposure to chlorine or salt water which causes the hair to tangle. Always wash the hair right away with shampoo and conditioner after swimming in both types of water. When going to the spa, the hair should be brushed out completely and should be wrapped in a cold wet towel.
6. Make couple of big braids when going to sleep, swim, or exercise (please untangle the hair before making the braids). NEVER SLEEP ON WET HAIR. Make sure the hair is completely dry before going to bed.
7. You can also make a leave-in conditioner at home by diluting conditioner (10%) with water (90%). Apply the mixture lightly onto your hair and brush the hair from the end to the top near the scalp. Although it is important to apply leave-in conditioners to keep the hair from dryness, it is important to keep the hair clean by washing the hair about twice a week so that it will not create a build up.
8. It would be advisable NOT TO TINT, COLOR, PERM OR DO ANY EXTRA CHEMICAL PROCESSES because it has already been treated. Please be extra careful with blonde and other light colored hair. They are more chemically processed than the dark hair. Therefore, we will not be responsible for the outcome.
9. Please check the hair before you use the hair. Be certain that the hair texture, color, length, and quality are what you want. We will not be responsible for the hair if it is not in original condition. For the WET & WAVE hair such as the French Refined and the European Wave, you may test the curl by wetting a small portion away from the rest. Place the hair on a desk, pull a small portion away from the rest, spray some water, and let it soak for about 15 seconds. Hold the top of the hair while it is on the desk and gently brush the wet portion from the bottom and watch it wave. Towel dry and scrunch it to wave up more.
10.Some hair comes out from the wefts easier than others (e.g. silky hair). Although our wefts are double wefted and sewn over many times to minimize the shedding, it is machine done. If you need to cut the width of the weft to the size you need, make sure to mend the ends where it’s been cut. If it is not mended, hair can shed excessively.
Biotin (also known as Biotine, Vitamin H, and is part of the B Vitamins) has multiple health benefits as well as “beauty benefits”. Biotin can break down certain substances in the body like carbs and fat, as it is a component of important enzymes your body (should) naturally collect through a healthy diet. Biotin deficiencies are not very common and are nearly impossible to diagnose, but there are multiple symptoms that can reveal themselves to let you know if your food diet is lacking this vitamin. Some symptoms include dry eyes, cracking on the sides of the mouth, hair loss, scaly skin, weak/brittle nails, exhaustion, hallucinations, and depression. Most people who have this deficiency are (but not limited to) Pregnant women, chronic smokers, alcoholics, those with Crohn’s disease and/or liver disease, prone to rapid weight loss, diabetics, and those with diets mainly consisting of processed foods.
Luckily, Biotin comes is capsule form! Taking the right dosage of biotin can be very beneficial. Biotin can strengthen your hair and nails by strengthening the cuticle. It can improve your skin of a variety of “problems” (acne, rashes, psoriasis, dermatitis, etc). Biotin supports your metabolism by breaking down foods and is found in many healthy foods (cooked eggs, egg yolks, soy, walnuts, whole grains, beans, etc). Need lower cholesterol? Biotin can help with that! It also helps regulate your blood sugar by lowering glucose levels when paired with chromium.
If you’re not getting enough biotin from your foods, biotin taken in capsule form can be purchased over the counter at any drug store and we carry it here at NY Hair Company!
Summer time in Vegas means swimming and enjoying the sunny skies to most, but for some it’s all about fighting with your hair to keep it in it’s best possible condition. The sun, heat, water (including pool chemicals) and more can damage your hair. There are ways to keep this from happening by using proper products at home and doing proper treatments at the salon. These are NY Hair Co’s favorites that we carry!
Biotin Pills: Biotin is a vitamin you can take orally to improve your hair and nail growth. It strengthens and thickens the hair and nails making it stronger.
(Available for Retail)
Milk Shake Incredible Milk Leave in Conditioner: This leave in conditioner offers 12 benefits to you hair: Repairs all hair types, Frizz Control, Prevents Split Ends, Heat Protection, Long Lasting Hair Styles, Detangles, Natural Shine, Adds Body and Volume, Easier Ironing, Protects Color, Protects from UV Rays, Smoothes the Cuticle. It can go on wet or dry hair after showering (or even swimming!) Instead of using spray sunscrean to protect your hair, causing it to become greasy and smelly, you can use an actual hair product to protect your hair any time you go outside!
(Available for Retail)
Matrix Biolage Dry Shampoo: Washing your hair every day not only dries your hair out but it also strips any artificial color, causing fading. Avoid washing more than twice a week for longer lasting color and healthier hair. To cut the greasy, dirty look you can use dry shampoo inbetween actual shampoos. This product absorbs oils and any odors that the oils may cause. It’s easy to use as well! Spray on the roots of your dry hair (focus on spots that are oily) and work in the product with your fingertips for best results. Viola! Simple and effective! Added bonus?? It creates lift and body to your roots giving your hairstyle the extra bump it may need!
(Available for Retail)
Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo and Conditioning Balm: This is the Best Seller at NY Hair Co, and for good reason! This Shampoo and Conditioner Duo Set are BOTH Paraben free and extremely hydrating without making the hair feel greasy. They are both safe for color treated hair so you can get the moisture without the fading! The conditioning balm is a great conditioner and detangler. These products are formulated with Aloe, Cupuacu Butter, and Apricot Kernel Oils to moisturize your hair for long term results instead of using Parabans to coat your hair making it appear healthier temporarily.
(Available for Retail)
Matrix Total Results Alternate Action Clarifying Shampoo: This clarifying shampoo is our favorite for one big reason; it removes product buildup WITHOUT stripping the hair of it’s natural oils. This product is perfect for swimmers, as it has a chelating agent that helps remove chlorine and other mineral deposits from the hair (added bonus for blondes, no more swimmer green hair!). Shampoo with this product for 1-2 minutes before rinsing to remove any buildup and follow with your favorite conditioner for best results!
(Available for Retail)
Milk Shake Integrity Intensive Treatment: This intense mask with have your hair hydrated and bouncy in no time! Using Muru Muru Butter and Coconut Oil, this mask is safe for all hair types and significantly reduces frizz, leaves hair conditioned, detangles, and the end results are soft, radiant, and healthy hair. After shampooing, work the Intensive Treatment into your hair for 3-5 minutes before rinsing for best results.
(Available for Retail)
Matrix Color Gloss Treatment: The Matrix Color Gloss Treatment is a zero lift, ammonia free hair treatment that adds ceramides/proteins and natural shine back the your hair while sealing the cuticle. This treatment also comes in a few color refreshers (black, browns, reds, coppers, and special toners for blondes) to add to your treatment to add pigment to your hair while improving the overall health. Normally this service at NY Hair Co starts at $45, but when done with any other service the price drops to $35. Results last from 1-3 months depending on proper home care and product use.
(Available as a Service Only)
Olaplex Treatment: Olaplex is the only product scientifically proven AND holds multiple patents proving it physically rebonds your hair internally. Think of this service like this: you shatter your wrist. You can either get surgery and have your wrist heal completely with no loss of mobility and will fully heal OR you can just get a cast, and MAYBE your wrist will have partial mobility. Wouldn’t you want the surgery?? Olaplex is basically surgery for your hair! This product is silicone free (unlike its impersinators like B3, Uberliss, etc which all contail oils and different forms of silicone) so it doesn’t coat the hair for a temporary fix. It fixes the bonds (even when added to color services!) for long term effects, can be done as often as you’d like (you can’t over-do Olaplex!!), and all it does is benefit your hair. Want to transform your haircolor? Olaplex helps us push your hair past the norm, getting you desired results with little to no damage! Each treatment costs $45, so why not fix your hair for a fraction of the price of other treatments that claim they do the same, but really don’t?
(Availabe as a Service Only, Take Home #3 Conditioner is available)
For all our gentlemen who rock a beard and all our ladies who love a man with a beard, this is for you! How to keep a beard healthy and growing! Beards are hair and need to be maintained just like the hair on your scalp. If you want a glorious, long, Viking/Biker beard you have to take care of it so it won’t get dry, brittle, and shed an outrageous amount.
Trimming a beard:
Just like your hair, your beard can get split ends, dry, brittle, oily, etc so it is important to treat it the same as the hair on your head. Regular beard trims will reduce the split ends, keeping your beard healthy and making it easier (and without the breakage, appear to grow faster!) to grow a nice, full beard.
Keeping a beard clean:
Just like your hair, you need to shampoo and condition your beard. So much bacteria gathers in your beard, and if you don’t wash it regularly it will just multiply (yuck!). Shampooing with cleanse your beard of any buildup on the hair strands, and regular conditioning will help your beard with the softness (with beard hair being so brittle, you won’t see a huge difference right away like you see on he hair from your scalp) and keep it moisturized to reduce the brittle feeling and weak links that cause breakage. After shampooing, use a wide tooth comb to pick through the conditioner to make sure it is saturated on every strand to see optimal results.
Beard treatments, anyone?
Just like your hair, you can treat your beard as well!! My personal favorite beard treatment is the Olaplex Standalone Treatment! Olaplex is used to multiply the bonds in your hair shaft (this is the ONLY product that can do this. Any other claims by different products are lies) without coating it in oils, waxes, or/and paraffin (those make it appear soft and silky till a few washes, then it returns to the same texture as before). Not only will this make your beard stronger, but over time it will make it easy to manage! (Normally $45 for a treatment on your head, but for beards it’s $25)
Another treatment I love for beards is a deep conditioning detox service. This service consists of a clarifying shampoo (especially good for the outdoors men who get a lot of dirt, grease, sweat, etc buildup) followed up with a deep penetrating conditioning treatment. This will help supply moisture and proteins your hair needs to maintain it’s health. (Normally $20 for a treatment but only $10 for beards)
My favorite conditioner for beards: Biolage has two conditioners I love for coarse and/or curly hair. One is Biolage Hydrating Balm (we carry three sizes ranging from $20-$55) and the other is the Biolage Exquisite Oil conditioner ($22).
Remember to take care of your beard because it’s just like the hair on your head!!! You shouldn’t wash your hair with bar soap, so why would you wash your beard with it???